Unified Software Testing Course
A Blended Approach
This comprehensive and unique course on software testing is what testers in today’s complex world need. The aim of the course is to cover the subject of software testing exhaustively, putting together contents and ideas from various schools of thought and various areas of research.
Why call it unified? One reason is the extent of its coverage of the subject. But the primary reason to call it unified or blended approach is the way it unifies various concepts and techniques in software testing to the extent that their projected differences would fade away during the course. The unnecessary walls that have been created between, rather the boxes into which they have been put are exposed.
Following are some of the important areas which are analyzed with a unified / blended view:
- Quality – Testing and Building
- Risk Based Testing
- Formal testing and Exploration
- Black box and White box testing
- Manual testing and Test automation
- Static and Dynamic Testing
- Component and System Testing
- Gray Box Testing
- Reviews of different software artifacts
- Testing all software attributes like functionality, performance, security, usability etc.
- Bug advocacy – Understand Cost versus Value